Biopixel Oceans Foundation Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy explains how we collect, use, share and hold your personal information. We may update this policy from time to time by posting the revised version on our website.
1. The types of personal information we collect
Biopixel Oceans Foundation collects and holds personal information from donors, employees, contractors and other individuals. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for what we do. The types of information we may collect include:
- your contact details (such as your name, email address, position, company name and contact phone numbers);
- details relating to your donations made to us; and
- any relevant payment or billing information (including credit card details and invoice details)
If you don’t provide us with the personal information we need, we may not be able to provide the service you or we may be restricted in the way that service is provided.
2. How your personal information is collected and held
We usually collect personal information about you when you interact directly with us. For example, we collect your personal details when you provide information to us by email, or when you enter your personal details on our websites. We may collect personal information from you in connection with Biopixel Ocean Foundation events, promotions or marketing activities.
We may also collect personal information about you indirectly, including from:
- anyone authorised to act on your behalf;
- our employees, agents, contractors and suppliers; and
- public sources.
3. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to provide you with services and support. In doing so, we may use your personal information for related purposes, such as:
- fundraising, including the process of your donations and grants;
- the administration and management of your donations, including billing, credit card authorisation and verification to the extent that such information is not directly provided to our third party hosted payment system for processing;
- to provide our customer service functions, including handling customer enquiries and complaints;
- to offer you updates, or other content or products or services;
- our compliance with applicable laws;
- product research and development, business planning and staff training; and
- communicating with you about the services and special promotions we (and our affiliated companies) offer or which we think may be of interest to you, unless you have requested us not to do so. We may tell you about these services and offers via direct mail, electronic direct mail, unsolicited telemarketing calls or any other means of direct communication. You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How we share your personal information
We may need to share your personal information with other organisations in connection with our supply of services or support we provide to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our out-sourced service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf, such as fundraising,the delivery of material, mailing functions or IT services;
- marketing partners with which we share our marketing activities;
- charitable or like-minded organisations, grant and award providers which are aligned with Biopixel Oceans Foundation, and third party service providers that facilitate the sharing of information between such types of charitable or like-minded organisations;
- our legal, accounting and financial advisers and our affiliated companies;
- any person, with your consent;
- government, law enforcement and regulatory bodies where this is required for us to comply with our legal obligations; or
- a specified recipient to facilitate a purchase or potential purchase of our business.
The organisations that we may share your information with may be located in countries such as Australia, the United States and Singapore. We will request that any organisation to which your personal information is disclosed treats the information as confidential. However, they may be compelled by the laws of their own country to disclose information that we have shared with them.
5. HOW WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information only as long as needed to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected or as required or permitted by law.
6. How we protect your personal information
We treat your personal information as confidential within Biopixel Ocean Foundation and our associated companies. We store your personal information electronically and/or in hard copy form. We take a range of measures to protect the security of your personal information, including by storing electronic information in password-protected servers that are in restricted and monitored areas. We do not store credit card details on our systems.
7. Our websites
All accesses to pages on our websites are “logged”. The logged information contains such things as a list of the pages accessed and the sort of browser used. This information is used to check for attempts at “hacking”, or other fraudulent activity, to indicate missing pages or other web server problems. We also use it to provide general statistics such as the number of people viewing particular parts of the site.
8. How to access and correct your personal information
Your personal information can be accessed by contacting us at email@example.com
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can access and correct personal information that we hold about you (such as your contact details) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Contact us
If you have an enquiry regarding privacy, or you wish to raise a complaint, you can contact our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can write to the Privacy Officer – Biopixel Ocean Foundation, Level 17, 333 Ann Street, Brisbane City QLD 4001.